The T-Vape 2.0 by Square Smoke is the second version of the T-Vape to come out. It’s a decent little portable vape that comes in three colors (pictured above), and this new version has a ton of extra features that put it so far above the original version.
With the 2.0, you have a lot more flexibility with how you want to vape, your battery size, and even the size of the entire unit. While one major drawback of this vape is that it does not have a temperature display, or even temperature settings, there is a precise (and very interesting) way to raise the temperature.
How the T-Vape 2.0 Works
Using the T-Vape 2.0 is just as easy (if not easier) than using any other vape. The difference is that Square Smoke included options in the 2.0 version that they didn’t in the original. These options are two E-Tubes (one short and one long) and two different battery sizes (900 mAh and 2200 mAh). Also included is a battery compartment extender so that you can fit both batteries on the vape.
The different batteries and tubes are obviously used for different settings. If you’re going to be walking around, you are going to want to use the shorter battery and shorter tube (Mini). However, if you are at home and just want to vape around the house the longer tube and battery would be better, because you can vape longer and vaporize more material.
My personal favorite combination is the longer battery and the shorter E-tube. This combo allows you to vape for extended periods of time but still only use a small amount of herbs. This vape also looks very much like an e-cigarette, so that also helps with the stealth factor if you’re vaping in public.
To load the T-Vape 2.0, simply pop off the mouthpiece and dump your material directly inside. Then use the rod they include to pack your herbs down. You don’t want a super tight pack, but you want it more tight than loose.
As far as turning the device on, it really is very simple. Similar to an e-cigarette, you unlock the battery by clicking it 5 times. The button will then glow red, indicating that the device is heating. Once the button glows green, the device has reached 370° F.
To increase this temperature, you hold down the button and it will increase one degree per second that the button is down (hold it for 5 seconds, its now at 375° F and so on). While this is an interesting feature, I think having more exact temp control would be nice.
You can check out our video review of the T-Vape 2.0 below (turn your volume up a little, we were having mic issues while filming this one):
- Pen Style Vaporizer for Dry Herbs: This is one of the only units on the market that is a pen style vaporizer that can do dry herbs – one of the things that has been missing from the market for a long time.
- Options: with the options that you can get with this unit, it makes it one of the most customizable vapes you can get. Having a vaporizer that can change as easily as this one is a huge bonus.
- Cleaning: cleaning this vaporizer is a breeze. You just get your herbs out, run the cleaning brush through it, and you are done.
- Variable Batteries: I felt that variable battery size deserved a bullet of its own because no vaporizer companies offer that right now. It’s definitely a game changer.
- Temp Control: Because the unit lacks any sort of precise temperature control, it can be hard to dial in the perfect temp for your herbs. This is a huge downside for people who need to activate certain compounds at exact temperatures for various reasons. However, it’s not that bad once you get used to it and just remember that it increases at one degree per second that you hold the button down.
- Loading: Loading can be a pain because it’s hard to load the long thin tube in public (which is why I recommend going with the Mini combo if you’re bringing it out of the house). This unit also uses more material than most units, even with the shorter tube, clocking in at over 0.3 grams.
Where to Buy the T-Vape 2.0?
Right now, the absolute best deal on the T-Vape 2.0 is from Vapor Nation. Like all of their vaporizers, you will get free shipping and some really great free bonus items with your order. It’s also the cheapest price online and they price match if for any reason you find it cheaper elsewhere.
Overall, the T-Vape 2.0 is a great portable, pen-style vaporizer. If you want some customization and variability in your vape, this unit is the way to go. No other vaporizer on the market can be changed like this one can, and no vape on the market comes with an extra battery (which comes in handy if one runs out on you). For $179, this is definitely a great unit for anyone from a brand new vaper to a seasoned veteran.