The V2 Pro Series 3 is going to revolutionize the vaporizer industry. This is the first vape pen that is actually able to vaporize herbs instead of burning them or doing nothing at all. If you want a small, easily portable vape with good battery life, and one that can do e-liquids and concentrates as well as dry herbs, this is the vaporizer for you.
Let’s get to how it works.
How the V2 Pro Series 3 Works
To unlock the V2 Pro Series 3, you click the single button three times rapidly. This feature is essentially a lock that keeps the vaporizer from activating in your pocket more than it is an on and off switch, and it is a safety feature that most electronic cigarettes have.
Once you unlock the vape, it’s time to choose your cartridge. There are three cartridges to choose from, the E-Liquid cart, the loose leaf cart, and the essential oil cart. The device works a little differently with each cartridge:
E-Liquid Cartridge (included):
- Unscrew the mouthpiece from the cartridge and drip liquid into the clear chamber, making sure to not fill over the fill line.
- Insert the cartridge into the unit.
- Making sure the unit is unlocked, press the button and begin to vape.
- The device will automatically cut off after ten seconds to save battery life.
The e-liquid cart performs pretty admirably compared to most other “multi-use” pens, but it really does not compare to a stand alone unit. That being said, it is definitely on par with most beginner e-liquid setups on the market.
It has a fairly decent capacity (about 2.5-3 ml), and produces a decent amount of vapor.
If this unit had adjustable voltage, then I think it would be a much better vaping experience, at least with the e-liquid cart. However, anytime you gain something, something must be lost, so V2 decided to go for the “jack-of-all-trades” approach instead of being really good at one thing.
Loose Leaf Cartridge (sold separately): $24.99
- Grind or shred your herbs for optimal results.
- To pack, make sure to remove the mouth piece and fill with your ground herbs.
- Do not fill above the white ceramic chamber, and don’t pack too tightly or your herbs will vape unevenly.
- Place the mouth piece back on and insert the cart into the unit.
- Hold down the button for three seconds to activate the conduction heating function.
- Once activated, the LED lights at the bottom will glow red, then yellow, and finally green once it has heated fully. This should take around 25 seconds or so.
- The heating function will turn off after two minutes, and it can be immediately reactivated by repeating step 5.
As far as the vapor production and quality goes, there isn’t any other unit in this size that can actually vaporize herbs. The vapor is actually very flavorful, although it is not very dense.
The chamber holds roughly 0.1-0.2 grams, so it is highly efficient for how little it uses. A normal load is done after around four minutes, which is reactivating the heating function only one time.
The herbs are a golden brown color once it is vaped, and we will have a picture of some vaped herbs in our video review of this unit.
Wax Cartridge (sold separately): $24.99
- First, remove the coil from the base of the unit.
- Then, place your concentrate onto the coil.
- Replace the mouthpiece and insert the cartridge into the unit.
- Finally, simply take a hit in the same way you would hit the e-liquid cart.
- The battery will cut off after 10 seconds to conserve battery life.
While this cartridge does work, I personally think it is the worst of the three. It does not vape very efficiently at all, blowing through concentrate twice to three times as fast as most other pens do.
I would say for every hit out of this cartridge, you would get about 4 hits from a normal vape pen of this price. That is a massive difference, and should definitely be remedied in the next version.
The coil also lacks a wick, which means even more wasted material that you just cannot vape. Definitely a major con in my book.
Charging and Battery Life
To charge the unit, simply plug the magnetic charging cable into a USB port and connect the cable to the bottom of the unit. Once the LED on the bottom changes from red to greed, the battery is full.
It takes around 90 minutes to fully charge, and the unit is designed to be used while charging. You can get three or four sessions off one charge, so you really don’t need to worry about the vape dying on you while you’re away from a plug.
Our Video Review
Here’s our video review of the V2 Pro Series 3 so you can see exactly how it works:
Where to Buy the V2 Pro Series 3?
If you’re looking to pick one of these up, you definitely want to grab it directly from V2’s website here. It’s the best deal we’ve seen online, they ship it for free, and you also know you’re getting the real deal by buying right from the manufacturer.
Along with that, you can buy some of the add-on items like the loose-leaf cartridge to do your dry herbs, some e-liquid, a car adapter, and a few other cool pieces.
The V2 Pro Series 3 is perfect for stealth vaping, as it looks like a regular electronic cigarette and doesn’t produce much visible vapor. You can also easily switch the cartridge from the loose leaf to the e-liquid cart, giving you instant cover. However, because of this small size, it also has a small capacity, so this is really for more of a solo vaper.
If you’re looking for an affordable pen vaporizer with stealth in mind, or a pen that can do dry herbs, this is the vape for you.
At $110 ($59.99 for the unit, $24.99 for the loose leaf cartridge, and $24.99 for the wax cartridge), this is one of the cheapest vaporizers on the market right now that can do dry herbs, concentrates, and e-liquid.
It is also one of the most versatile vaporizers as well, having three functions that you can switch between easily.
While the Series 3 may not be the best at everything, it does a lot. If you need a vape that can do it all, and you don’t want multiple units, this is probably one of the best vaporizers to buy.
The only better option would be this unit’s big brother, the V2 Pro Series 7.